Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chick-fil-A and a Give-A-Way

I have always loved Chick-fil-A. I actually remember the first time I tried one of their chicken nuggets. I was a teen and they had opened their first location in the mall, and were giving away sample bites. Oh, how I fell in love. Then when I tried their waffle fries for the first time? Heaven in a small bag, my friends! I was hooked.

I was recently given the opportunity to try their newest product, the Spicy Chicken Sandwich. It is currently only available in 3 test markets and we here in Southern California are so, so lucky to be one of them. As you may know, we are in the middle of baseball playoffs for my older son and I'm reeealy trying to not eat at the snack bar any more this season. We ran to our local Chick-fil-A to fill up before the last game, and to have a taste test of the new sandwich.

First, can I say that one of the things that I've always loved about Chick-fil-A is that they take Sundays off. I really applaud a company that values a day of rest and families. Oh, and the fact that even in the west they still serve sweet tea. Go southern roots! Second, I adore that this is a fast food restaurant that has helpful people that will refill your drinks for you. Honestly, they have smiling, helpful people that actually come.to.your.table. That, right there, is worth the price of admission.

Headless Boy #1, who is 9, was all about trying the Spicy Chicken Sandwich, and he really liked it. He did say that it was "kinda spicy, Mom," I guess it was good that he had a drink close?! He said that he would have it again, so there is some taste test success, right there. Headless Dad was a little more skeptical, but pleasantly surprised. He tried it straight out of the bag, with no sauce, and ended up loving it. He even said that it doesn't need anything else on it-this from a mayo freak, y'all! As for me I was prepared to love it and I did. I think that was the perfect amount of spice-hot, but not so hot that my mouth was burning. Headless Boy#2, at 7 years old, has not discovered a love for spicy things yet but agreed to have a bite. He said that it was good, but too hot for him. I guess we'll give him a pass since he's seven.

So, in a nutshell? The Spicy Chicken Sandwich is a hit with the Headless Family! Thank you so much to Chick-fil-A for giving us the opportunity to try them, and from me so I didn't have to cook before the game. Heh.

It's Giveaway Time!

If you would like to try the Spicy Chicken Sandwich, I have 7 coupons to giveaway. Just follow the following guidelines:

  • Leave me a comment on this post with a valid email address, telling me what your favorite thing on the Chick-fil-A menu is. (Only your first comment must contain this information. You can be lazy on subsequent entries, see below.)
  • You must live in Southern California for this one. (If you'd like to check for a restaurant near you go to their Restaurant Locator page.)
  • You may enter once every day, from today until midnight, pacific time, on Thursday, June 11, 2009, in honor of my kid's last day of school. (More than one comment per day on my time stamp will be deleted.)
  • You will have 48 hours to respond to my email with a mailing address or I will need to choose a new winner.
Again, thanks to Chick-fil-A for feeding my family quickly and a little healthier this week!

6 comments:

  1. My favorite part of the menu at Chick Fil A? The left side. I love that place! But, alas I don't live in Southern California and now I'm going to mess up your comment count. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I big red puffy heart Chick-Fil-A and am so BUMMED that I don't live in SoCal, because I would totally LOVE to try a spicy chicken sandwich too. Why isn't Texas (Houston in particular) test driving this new sandwich? *sigh*

    Come on Headless Mom, can't you UPS one to me? LOL

    Good luck everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maine, have a Chick-Fil-A? Ha!

    It looks like all of us are in areas where we are deprived of the goodness that IS Chick-Fil-A.

    But um hey, if you're ever compelled to overnight someone an InNOut burger...by all means, let me know and I'll give you my address! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what, I've never eaten at a Chick-fil-A so I don't even know their menu. The first one I've been at was at a mall in Florida last October! I do know that my niece Michele loves it, along with her 3 children. My sister says it's really good but we opted for a piece of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake instead of eating dinner. I'd love to try it (is the coupon only good in CA) or pass it along to my niece who is going through a divorce and is getting no support from the X.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOO HOOOOEEEE, I think I am the first comment who actually lives in SoCal. And I know where the Chick-fil-A is already (and I am in my car already to drive there right now, I just need to win). I have to say I am a bit boring and always get the chicken sandwich and waffle fries, they are too too yummy

    vixen@vixensden.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very excited to try it this week for them as well.....

    Generally anything FREE tastes better. But I am sincerely looking forward to this. For me- SPICY is the best always.

    ReplyDelete